I'm searching for wowza alternative and found nimble streamer and wmspanel.
But before migrate to nimble/wmspanel(as lightweigt and cheaper solution) i need to verify few requirments
1. Does Nimble support udp mpeg-ts(udp://126.96.36.199:3000) and output pull rtmp?
2. Does Nimble support udp mpeg-ts(udp://188.8.131.52:3000) and output pull HLS?
3. Does Nimble is capable to remove session id(wowza has httpRandomizeMediaName:false,see below)
4. Does Nimble support similar fnctionality as cupertinoCalculateChunkIDBasedOnTimecode provide(see below). This allow 2 separate Wowza instances to generate absolutelly same chunks while using same input(used for redundancy/failover)
5. Does Nimble support similar fnctionality as cupertinoOnChunkStartResetCounter provide(see below)
3 4 and 5 are HLS related
From wowza docs:
httpRandomizeMediaName - Set this property to true to help to ensure that the chunks in live streams are unique if the encoder is restarted.
cupertinoOnChunkStartResetCounter - Set this property to true to reset the continuity counter in each media chunk that's generated. This helps to ensure that each generated chunk is identical. When disabled (false), the continuity counter is incremented in each media chunk to help track packet loss in TCP transmissions.
cupertinoCalculateChunkIDBasedOnTimecode - LiveStreamPacketizers property cupertinoCalculateChunkIDBasedOnTimecode to turn on chunk ID numbering based on incoming packet time
Please find my answers below
1 and 2. Yes, it's supported. Check this article for details: http://blog.wmspanel.com/2015/06/mpegts-transmux-hls-rtmp-dash-nimble-streamer.html
Also, read this digest page: https://wmspanel.com/nimble/mpeg2ts
3. Yes, we call it HTTP origin: http://blog.wmspanel.com/2015/03/nimble-as-http-streaming-origin.html
4. No, we don't support this yet.
5. Yes, Nimble has hls_reset_video_audio_cc optional parameter for config. It's set to true by default.
Thank you for detailed information.
4 is important feature specially in large infrastructures. Maybe you should add this feature in some of next releases of Nimble Streamer.
Thank you for the feedback!
and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the
If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please
refer to the