How much does Nimble Streamer cost?
Nimble Streamer is free of charge.
Nimble Streamer is a freeware
- No license fees. You don't need to make single or periodical payments to use Nimble Streamer.
- No usage limitations, the server is full-function from the moment of installation.
- Public Linux repositories for Debian / Ubuntu / CentOS / RedHat / Raspbian as well as Windows and MacOS updates are available as described in installation instruction.
- Nimble can be ported to the majority of hardware platforms.
- Config files formats are available for manual control.
- Basic access log and error log files are available.
- Some extra features may require payments.
Q: How do you make money?
First, we make money on WMSPanel service. It's a subscription-based Software-as-a-Service which provides the following key features for Nimble Streamer administrators:
- Easy control interface for defining Nimble Streamer behavior, like where to take media from and how to stream it.
- Rich reporting with a variety of metrics and views, white label custom branding and end-users data slices.
- Dispersa streams monitoring allows controlling the availability of your streams.
- Multiple servers control - you can have any number of media servers, both Nimble and other types of media servers. All reports are aggregating data from those multiple sources. You may see all Nimble instances in a single web UI.
- Web interface is available on any modern device' browser - from PC, iOS and Android to SmartTV.
The price starts from 30 USD per month.
You may still control Nimble Streamer from command line and parse logs to get stats but it's just more convenient to do that via WMSPanel, especially if you have a server farm.
In addition to WMSPanel, Nimble Streamer has some premium features.
Q: Is there any support available for Nimble Streamer?
We provide basic help for our WMSPanel trial users for free.
Any other extended support like streaming scenarios definition or issues debugging is provided as part of WMSPanel subscription. You can sign up, optionally register Nimble Streamer for your panel account, subscribe to our service and request for help from our support team.
Q: Is Nimble Streamer an open source software? Can I use it in my deliverables?
Nimble Streamer is free of charge, it's not open sourced. At least for now.
If you'd like to use Nimble Streamer as part of your deliverable product development, take a look at embedding guide to see the terms. You also may consider Nimble Streamer API for Nimble integration.
Let us know of any questions about this use case.
Q: How about TCO? How much does it cost to own a Nimble-powered server?
This basically depends on the amount of connections which you'd like to handle and the level of robustness and availability. The minimal configuration where it was tested is 256MB 1CPU virtual server. You can check performance tuning guide, RAM cache calculation and benchmark example like this to map it to your own environment and hardware cost. Installing more Nimble instances will improve the level of robustness.
Step by step
Take a look at how you can gradually increase costs by adding new products, servers, options and features over time.
For other questions, please contact us.
Free trial of WMSPanel included