Nimble Streamer has the following capabilities.
- Ingest of WebRTC live stream into Nimble Streamer.
- WHIP is used for signaling.
- H.264, VP8, VP9 video and Opus audio input.
- H.265/HEVC video from Apple devices.
- Publisher demo page with sample client is also available.
Signaling is an important part of WebRTC stack because it defines how a client connects to the host or to another client.
Nimble Streamer uses WebRTC-HTTP ingestion protocol (WHIP) for signaling. It's a standard with Internet Draft status and it's already used by various WebRTC products.
Nimble Streamer uses Pion implementation of WebRTC API.
Special thanks to Sean DuBois and all Pion contributors.