Q2 2021 newsServer playlist
: Advertizer, KLV, Zabbix, Larix overlays and more
feature set of Nimble Streamer allows composing VOD files into live streaming output.
Live streaming capabilities of Nimble Streamer
Nimble Streamer provides wide feature set for live streaming. This includes both re-packaging content between protocols and transcoding to change the content itself.
The supported input protocols for live streaming are:
- RTMP and RTMPS for pulled and published streams
- SRT for Listen, Pull and Rendezvous modes
- New: NDI via Nimble Live Transcoder
- RIST for Listen and Pull modes
- RTSP for pulled and announced streams
- MPEG-TS for HTTP and UDP streams
- HLS for pulled streams
- Icecast and SHOUTcast
- Hot swap capabilities like Emergency hot swap and Failover hot swap allow switching between source origin and substitute streams with no glitches or artifacts.
Enhanced interleaving compensation
can be set up in case when your audio and video are unsynchronized.
By default, Nimble Streamer performs transmuxing of content. This means re-packaging on-the-fly without changing the content. It's taken using one protocol and streamed out via other selected protocols.
Same engine is used for transmuxing into various protocols to avoid processing overhead.
- H.264 input and output is supported via all protocols
- H.265/HEVC input via RTSP, SRT, RIST and MPEG-TS with output via MPEG-DASH, RTSP, MPEG-TS, SRT, RIST and HLS
- VP6 input and output via RTMP
- VP8 and VP9 input and output via RTSP
Read more about codecs supported in Nimble Streamer.
- AAC input and output is supported via all protocols
- AC3 and E-AC3 input via MPEG-TS and RTSP, output via MPEG-TS, RTSP and HLS
- MP3 input and output via all protocols
- Speex input and output via RTMP
Transcoder for Nimble Streamer allows transforming content before packaging it into required protocols.
It's a premium add-on for Nimble Streamer available per subscription.
- Input video content codecs areH.264, H.265/HEVC, MPEG2 and MPEG4
- Input audio codec are AAC, MP3, MP2, Speex and PCM G.711 (a-law, μ-law)
- Output video codecs: H.264 and HEVC
- Output audio codecs: AAC and MP3
- Pass-through of original codecs may also be used
- Advanced filtering with FFmpeg filters allows transforming content in various ways. Some examples are changing the video resize, graphic overlays, picture-in-picture, key frames alignments, audio re-sampling etc.
- Decoding and encoding are done just once to avoid processing overhead.
- Several advantages over traditional FFmpeg command-line tool.
- Web UI provides easy-to-use drag-n-drop workflow to apply transcoding scenarios across various servers in a few clicks.
- Intel® Quick Sync Video hardware and software support.
- NVidia® NVENC hardware acceleration support - check stress-testing of Tesla M60 GPU to see some benchmarks.
- NDI is available for input and output.
Transcoder documentation reference has links to all setup and configuration articles.
The supported output protocols for live streaming are:
Take a look at our Get ready for Flash farewell and RTMP decline
article about future discontinuity of Flash support by Adobe in 2020. We describe the need to transitioning from RTMP to other technologies for playback purposes and we propose SLDP as an alternative.
Nimble Streamer DRM provides protection with digital rights management.
- Google Widevine for MPEG-DASH via BuyDRM, EZDRM, PallyCon and Widevine Cloud Service.
- Microsoft Playready for MPEG-DASH via BuyDRM, EZDRM and PallyCon.
- Apple FairPlay for HLS via BuyDRM, EZDRM and PallyCon.
- Supports Widevine Cloud Service with key rotation.
- Supports BuyDRM KeyOS.
- Supports EZDRM key management.
- Supports PallyCon Multi-DRM SaaS.
- CENC-powered MPEG-DASH and fMP4 HLS formats support DVR and VOD encryption.
- Supports Verimatrix VCAS for HLS AES encryption.
Easy setup is described on Nimble Streamer DRM page
Server-Side Ads Insertion (SSAI)
Nimble Advertizer server-side ads insertion (SSAI) framework allows performing dynamic ads insertion into your live streams.
- Pre-roll and mid-roll ads
- SCTE-35 markers support
- Custom business logic and Personalized ads
Currently HLS, RTMP, SLDP and Icecast output protocols are supported.
Read more on Advertizer page.
Nimble Streamer is the most efficient media server on the market. It's very fast and it has low resources consumption.
Nimble Streamer is used for building secure content delivery networks.
Qosifire: live streaming quality monitoring
Qosifire is live streaming quality monitoring service. It allows checking media streams for protocol-specific issues and various quality parameters.
It currently supports HLS (MPEGTS, fMP4 and audio-only containers), Icecast and RTMP protocols.
Check Qosifire website to see how this product can help and to sign up for a free trial. You may also run 30-seconds free check-up to make sure your stream is available is consistent at the moment.
Usage snapshots show examples of combined usage of Softvelum products in live streaming scenarios.
Free trial of WMSPanel included
Easy installation and upgrade
Nimble Streamer can be installed in a couple of small steps and upgraded to the latest version by running two or three simple commands in console.
Let us know if you need any help and search through our documentation to find more information.