Live and VOD HLS in Nimble Streamer
Nimble Streamer has full set of streaming capabilities via HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
Multiple codecs are supported for all modes.
Live streaming mode for HLS
Nimble Streamer covers variety of live streaming scenarios to process and deliver HLS
Server-Side Ads Insertion for HLS
Nimble Advertizer supports insertion of advertising into live stream HLS on server side in both video+audio and audio-only modes.
Advertizer allows implementing custom business logic for pre-roll and mid-roll with user-specific customized insertion.
Visit Advertizer page for technical specs and other details.
DVR: Live recording and HLS playback
Nimble Streamer has DVR feature set which allows recording incoming live streams and provide playback via MPEG-DASH and HLS.
DVR HLS supports both HEVC (H.265) and AVC (H.264) codecs for fMP4 and MPEG2TS containers simultaneously.
HTTP/2 will be used for HLS DVR output just as for live streaming.
Streaming Video-on-Demand via HLS as origin server
Nimble Streamer allows efficiently streaming HLS in VOD mode
- Both H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC codecs are supported.
- Supported formats: MP4, MP3, AAC, F4V.
- Supported MP4 video+audio, video, audio, original MP4, Apple QuickTime extension.
- MPEG2TS, fragmented MP4 (fMP4) and audio-only MPEG2TS containers are supported.
- MP4 transmuxing to HLS in VOD mode. MP4 is effectively re-packaged with low resource usage.
- Remote HTTP storage support allows to effectively stream files, those size exceeds available file system capacity.
- Adaptive bitrate support via SMIL files.
- Supports audio and video tracks selection for MP4 to VOD HLS transmuxing process.
- You can use audio-only and video-only tracks transmuxing.
- Subtitles: WebVTT, SRT and TTML are supported for HLS VOD streams for single files and SMILs.
- MP3 audio to audio-only HLS efficient transmuxing for decreasing traffic overhead of your internet radio.
- Produce audio-only HLS from AAC.
- VOD cache is controlled with several parameters like chunks LRU life time and more.
- If-Modified-Since header is supported for CDNs requests.
- New HLS AES-128 encryption is supported for DRM content protection
- SSL is supported for VOD HLS output.
- Same media files can be used for both HLS and MPEG-DASH VOD transmuxing.
HLS audio-only streaming
HLS can also be used to efficiently deliver audio.
HLS cache-aware re-streaming
If you have a pre-packetized content, you can set up MPEG-DASH re-streaming via your edge servers. Efficient caching will allow saving your resources and bandwidth.
Both live and VOD content can be re-streamed efficiently.
Qosifire: HLS streaming quality monitoring
Qosifire is live streaming quality monitoring service, it allows checking live HLS for protocol-specific issues.
Your on-premise monitoring agent checks the stream 24/7 and notifies our web service about issues, in order to send mobile alerts to your admins.
It supports MPEG-TS and fMP4 (CMAF) containers for both video+audio and audio-only streams.
Both single and adaptive bitrate (ABR) streams are supported for monitoring.
Check HLS monitoring features to see how Qosifire can help you.
Sign up for 14-days free trial or run 30-seconds free check-up to make sure your stream is available is consistent.
Free trial of WMSPanel included
Easy installation and upgrade
Nimble Streamer can be installed in a couple of small steps and upgraded to the latest version by running two or three simple commands in console.
Let us know if you need any help and search through our documentation to find more information.