Nimble Streamer has free SRT feature set with wide capabilities.
It also provides advanced SRT security, management and reporting features which require Addenda license.
Pull SRT in RTMP style: Nimble Streamer supports SRT Listen mode with streamid in appname/streamname format to pull any available live stream. This allows using single IP and port to get multiple streams by their names, just like in RTMP.
SRT Publisher Assistance Security Set:
- Accept streamid parameter with "application/stream" format.
- Make per-application and per-stream authentication with user and password.
- Apply any SRT parameters to each individual stream and even individual publisher.
- Apply allow and deny lists for IP addresses on server and stream level.
- Manage published streams via publish control framework.
- Read SRT PASSet technology overview article to learn more about PASSet and to follow up with setup details.
Additional SRT features for SRT Listen mode:
- SRT playback statistics
- SRT paywall protection
This feature set makes pulled SRT similar to other playback protocols to be even more convenient protocol for content providers for end-users.
Fallback primary check interval for MPEG-TS pull is also avaialble with active Addenda license.