I am not real familiar with SCTE-104 and 35. But a use-case just came up where we are trying to do the following:
1) vMix is live switcher
2) Output RTMP (or other) to Nimble
3) Insert SCTE-35 markers for ad breaks
4) Nimble-AWS Elemental for dynamic ad insertion
5) AWS Elemental to our CDN for file delivery
My questions are:
A) In broad strokes, is that a feasible scenario?
B) Is it possible to insert SCTE-35 markers somehow? I envision creating some sort of macro for vMix - but don't know where to start. Do we put markers in before it hits Nimble (seems SCTE-35 has to be in manifest, 104 in TS...so not sure how we could achieve this). Is it possible to trigger Nimble to insert SCTE-35 markers somehow (ie. via API)?
I've been Googling this for the past 2 hours, and am no closer to figuring it out than when I started.
Figured I'd post here and maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
In general the answer is: yes, i's possible.
1. You set up Nimble to receive live streams
2. You set up Nimble Advertizer to process scte-35 markers
3. When you need to insert ads, you can insert scte-35 markers using Nimble API (https://wmspanel.com/nimble/api#toggler=22 )
4. Nimble will have ads inserted into HLS output for further distribution
Those are as you say broad strokes bit it can be detailed further once you start setting up Nimble-based infrastructure.
If you have specific tech questions on particular products and features, feel free to send them to our helpdesk: https://wmspanel.com/help
and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the
If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please
refer to the