Currently we use nginx-rtmp for our live streaming. We are also setting up Nimble for our upcoming VOD platform.
We would like to move our live streaming to Nimble as well. All features we used in Nginx-rtmp is pretty well covered in Nimble except
1) Save the streams in MP4 format
2) Ability to run additional scripts on saved files after streaming gets over.
in Nginx-rtmp, proper callback events lets us to to run custom scripts to post-process a saved video from live stream.
So our requirement is as follows
1) Save the live streams in MP4 along with the default MPEG-Dash that Nimble supports
2) Get notified that the streaming ended and then run a script that post processes the video and uploads the new edited mp4 file to another server to the central video repository.
1) Can we achieve this Nimble?
2) Can we save the live streams to MP4 as well. We do not want to run another script to convert the MPEG-Dash files to mp4.
Unfortunately both of these features are not supported for now.
Since live transcoder allows custom filters, can we not use that to save to MP4?
This is a bit different but anyway, this feature is planned for one of further releases.
and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the
If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please
refer to the