Would it be possible to add the ability to view a return feed in Larix Broadcaster? I'd love to be able to view a webrtc stream for return video/audio from studio for example, so the user can hear the studio but only have to use one device.
We have this kind of functionality in our plans for this year. This will likely be SRT audio feedback from other SRT-capable software. I'll be glad to share any beta versions with you to get some first impressions and thoughts from an active user.
Thanks Yury as return SRT feed would be a step in the right direction. We would be looking to send back from vMix so generating an SRT output would be easy. If possible I would like to pursue the Webrtc option as this would be even lower latency, particularly when participants are trying to interact with each other.
I'd definitely be very happy to test any betas for you.
WebRTC isn't a good option as it requires deep integration between counterparts. That's why SRT is a much better option, especially having lower "latency" parameter.
Ok. I’d be really happy with SRT return - the lower latency the better. Could it be done with SLDP as an option as well?
Most likely later on we'll provide the feedback via all protocols supported by our mobile player, including SLDP and Icecast. But first it will be SRT for sure.
To recieve a voice feedback for our broadcaster is crucial for us as well.
Would love to get the beta release.
Also throwing in another need is to recieve short textual chat messages in Larix app (for the same reason as the voice).
Yoni, thank you for the idea!
Hi Yuri, just wondering if there was any progress with this?
We have it in our roadmap for November/December most probably.
Can't wait for this new feature. As well as background running of the app too.
Robert, background is available in Android version already. On iOS it will not be available any time soon - it's just not allowed by the iOS.
It will be good to allow an audio only version of the send and return feed to save bandwidth. We will be using it for communications for staff working from home.
Tony, why not using messengers like Zoom or Skype for this?
Yes, that is what is done now. It would be good to integrate everything into one platform
OK, got it.
Hi, a return SRT feed would be fantastic- is it possible to get the beta release?
Once we have this feature we'll release it after proper testing, stay tuned :)
I would like to ask for new features, if you don't mind:
- Background executing in iOS devices
- SRT return feed (so that the guest can see the master pgm)
- Bonding possibilities (bond the internal 4G with Wi-fi mifi for instance)
- IFB audio return from studio
- Remote configuration of the app from the studio
Robert, here's what we got regarding those features:
- Background in iOS has resource limitation so we doubt we can fit Broadcaster into that.
- We plan adding IFB via SRT, audio will be the primary media for return feed.
- Bonding is implemented on OS level, we cannot handle it on application level.
- This is a deep custom development as it requires some control panel or control app to manipulate from studio, plus some protocol for remote control etc. The idea is great but it needs a lot of efforts to design and implement properly. If we ever get back to it, I'll contact you to figure out the use case and initial requirements.
Thanks a lot for the feedback.
- Regarding the bonding feature, why other apps are able to achieve it like the LiveU app, Dejero app, Aviwest app and TVU app?
- Regarding the remote configuration. A common use case is that the end user of the Larix app is not a "technical user". Now, we send the a groove link with all the parameters pre-configured but there are some of them that cannot be configured and the user needs to dive in the app and set it. (Like stabilization on/off, variable framerate on/off and so on.
Thanks again for your feedback.
We may consider approaching bonding later on but when we considered it last time, it was very tricky.
As for missing options in Grove - we've recently released its update, so now collect feedback again to see what people may find useful. So we'll consider adding those options as well.
@ Yury I agree with Robert on a way to make the configuration easier.
@ Robert As for bonding I am willing to wait until SRT 1.5 is out as it will have bonding and it might be easier to implement. However, I don't see a strong use case for cellular and wifi bonding. If people are at home I don't think it is needed. If they are on the field my experience is that it is better than nothing but doesn't work well. The only use case that works well is multiple sim card bonding that requires the user to have another phone. They can tether via wifi to another phone and bond with the on board sim card too. The reality is not everyone will have a second phone. They will still call if there are issues. I find it easier to have them stream at 1mbit SD
@ Yuri it would be great to have QR codes that will have an ideal 3mbit config and a 1mbit config so that can try them before they call in for help.
Tony thanks for your feedback! Regarding configuration - it's possible to add some of encoder settings into Grove QR code so that might do the job.
and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the
If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please
refer to the