I'm trying to get Nimble Streamer and Cloudfront work together with the SLDP protocol. I followed the instructions (blog.wmspanel.com/2018/11/using-amazon-cloudfront-sldp-delivery.html) and managed to get HLS delivered via Cloudfront. I also managed to get SLDP played, but only if I use the URL from the origin server, not via Cloudfront.
- FFMPEG as SRT source, single video, singel audio stream
- Nimble Streamer on local server (private network) receiving SRT and converring into HLS and SLDP.
- D-DNS setup and port forwarding to my local Nimble server (ports 8081 HTTP, 8082 management port, 443 HTTPS, 80 alternative HTTP, 5000 for SRT delivery) (D-DNS: origin.example.com)
- Setup cloudfront and point to origin.example.com
- setup Nimble Server "Nimble HTTP Origin" called CLOUDFRONT and also Nimble alias (application live, aliases "cloudfront", protocols HTTP)
- setup Nimble Streamer "Cross domain" allowance to *.cloudfront.com
- acces HLS stream directly works (either origin.example.com/live/stream/playlist.m3u8)
- access HLS teststream (VLC, Flowplayer) via cloudfront, works (edgeID.cloudfront.net/CLOUDFRONT/stream/playlist.m3u8)
- WMSpanel testplayer can access SLDP stream directly from Nimble Streamer (ws://origin.example.com/live/stream)
- WMSpanel testplayer can not access SLDP stream via Cloudfront edgeID.cloudfront.net/CLOUDFRONT/stream)
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
I would suggest launching a ticket at wmspanel.com/help as we may request some sensitive information (IPs, Cloudfront setup details,etc), that you probably won't like to share in a publicly available forum.
I found the solution myself. If you setup cloudfront, then you need to adjust it's "behaviour". Goto your cloudfront setup and edit the "distribution settings". Goto the tab "Behaviours" and create or edit the existing one. Look for the option "Query String Forwarding and Caching" and set it to "Forward all"!
Thank you for sharing, Joerg!
and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the
If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please
refer to the