Forum

Converting G.711 to another format.

Dave 2017-07-25 21:58:28 UTC in Nimble Streamer

Hello.

My webcam uses G.711 (PCM) for audio. Since I couldn't hear the audio through the Nimble streamer, and based on what I've read, I've purchased a transcoder license. I've tried configuring the module, but frankly I'm lost. I've also tried adding a simple logo (using the same transcoder module) and that did not work either. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

Dave 2017-07-25 22:16:12 UTC 

UPDATE: I got the logo working OK. I guess when I choose the audio source I expect to see a codec for G.711. I only see libfdk_aac.

Alex Pokotilo 2017-07-25 23:49:32 UTC 

PCM is not supported in hls/rtmp/dash and this is why you didn't hear any voice. it's support only for rtsp. You get it right you need to convert you audio into aac to hear it via hls/rtmp. Thanks for update. Please let us know in case you have further questions

Dave 2017-07-26 11:34:42 UTC 

Forgive my ignorance. The incoming stream is RTSP. So there should be a codec for PCM, right? The stream gets converted by the server (and transcoder(?)) to hls/dash, so at this point the AAC codec is used.

Am I not seeing this process correctly?

Alex Pokotilo 2017-07-27 00:01:00 UTC 

Hi,
rtsp stream can contain PCM among other codecs. if you have PCM you have to convert it into aac to play via hls/dash. so you setup everything correctly

Post a reply

Post a new question

Categories:

This website or its third-party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the Privacy Policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the Privacy Policy.
By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.