Hi. In Nimble HLS edge restreaming setup...
1) ...is it possible to map the incoming request to specific origin server based on some variable in incoming request?
2) in case of origin server failure is there a possibility to automatically failover to another origin server?
Thanks for the interest.
1. You may specify different application URLs which will be pointing to different servers in re-streaming routes.
2. This may be done if you use RTMP as an origin for further HLS transmuxing. You may specify multiple RTMP sources for failover: http://blog.wmspanel.com/2014/10/rtmp-pull-balancing-fallback.html
1) To clarify that with an example:
- 5 origin servers (Custom)
- 5 edge servers (Nimble)
Incoming requests to edge server:
How can we archive that?
2) In our case it's HLS on origin
The failover for re-streaming scenario now seems clear and I think it's a good one to implement in one of the next releases, thanks for the idea.
As for switching among origins, this already can be done via setting up different routes for different origins. So the routes for 2 origins and 2 edges would be:
origin1/live/ -> /o1/live applied for edge1 and edge2
origin2/live/ -> /o2/live applied for edge1 and edge2
You can send me an email at email@example.com with examples of your origin streams so I could make sample routes for you.
and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the
If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please
refer to the